EU citizens enjoy their full rights and privileges, including the right to establish residency, buy property, open a business and work in Greece.
Greek Government offers residency permits for non-EU nationals that buy real estate in Greece with a minimum value of 250,000 Euros.
For non-EU Nationals, there is now the possibility to acquire a Permanent Greek Residence Permit under the extremely attractive provisions described below. Once the non-EU National acquires a residence permit in Greece, then he is allowed to live in Greece, exit and re-enter Greece any time without a visa and travel to all Schengen countries without further documentation other than his passport.
Residence Permit Law
- The Investment Required to obtain the “Golden Visa” is €250.000.
- The Investment can be Any Property Asset (i.e. houses, plots, land, shops, offices etc.) OR a combination of assets i.e. plot with a custom built villa or building etc.
- The residence permit is valid throughout Schengen.
- Duration Of Permit is PERMANENT (provided that the property ownership is maintained).
- Check-up of title deed ownership is done every 5 years
- The permit is issued in 10 working days for properties in Greece with the exception of Santorini, which takes 3 months.
- Persons eligible are Investor’s spouse, children below 21 years of age and then renew till 24 (and afterwards have the right to enrol in Greek university and extend further), Parents of Investor and Parents of the spouse.
- Residence permit is transferable to a new Investor (but the original Investor’s rights cease to exist)
- The investor has the right to obtain Greek citizenship
More details at the official site of Invest in Greece Agency with the new immigration law translated in English: click here.